Mano Figa Necklace - White
The fig sign ("mano figa") is one of the better known protective gestures for warding off the evil eye.
Charms of the sign originated in Etruscan Italy where they were traditionally carved in coral to evoke Turan, the goddess of love, fertility, and vitality. Figa hands also had a heyday in the Victorian era as young women made their grand tours of Europe and collected charms along the way, and are still popular in Brazil and Portugal as amulets.
• 22-karat gilded cloisonné charm
• 1.25" tall
• 18" 18-karat gold plated chain
• lavender cultivated pearl (exact color may vary slightly)
• Shiny Apple Studio backstamp
• Come mounted on a backer card and wrapped in a gold organza bag, perfect for gift giving.