White Hart Enamel Pin
The White Hart is a symbol of ethereal strength and majesty and the mythological significance of white deer is woven into many legends and contemporary stories:
- The White Hart from Arthurian legend has an enduring ability to evade capture, appearing periodically to lure the Knights of the Round Table out for quests and adventures.
- In Celtic mythology, white deer act as intermediaries from the otherworld.
- In Hungarian mythology, the brothers Hunor and Magor see a miraculous white stag that leads them westward where they marry two princesses and found the Hungarian people.
- In C.S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the grown Pevensies are in pursuit of the White Stag when they end up stumbling back through the wardrobe into their world.
- Harry and James Potter's Patronuses take the form of a white stag.
The nitty gritty:
- 1.3" tall
- White Enamel finished in gold metal
- Comes on a backer card with a rubber clutch